Director of Youth Ministry Job Description
General: The position of Director of Youth Ministry is a full-time, 12-month,
Administrative-salaried position. The Director of Youth Ministry, who should be a practicing
Roman Catholic, will fulfill the duties and responsibilities listed below. The immediate
supervisor of this position is the Pastor, who will evaluate the Director of Youth Ministry at
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Minister collaboratively with the Director of Faith Formation and School Principal.
● Develop and build professional relationships/rapport with the parishioners and those
belonging to the 13-35 age group.
● Organize, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive parish-based, pastoral ministry
directly involving those between the ages of 13-35. This will include, but is not
o Bible Study
o Retreats & prayer opportunities
o Service projects
o Educational & formation offerings
o Social events
● Effective communication of parish youth activities with the young people, the
parents, the parish, the parish staff, and the Pastor.
● Maintain a comfortable and well-maintained Youth Room.
● Work with the parish staff to prepare and implement an annual ministry budget.
● Recruit, train and evaluate volunteers to assist in the Youth Ministry/Confirmation
● Ensure that all parish, diocesan, and state rules and regulations pertaining to the care
and protection of young people are implemented.
● Participate in Diocesan Youth Ministry offerings and collaborate with other
parish-based Youth Ministry programs.
● Maintain some set office hours.
● Attend weekly staff meetings
● Other items as the Pastor deems necessary.
St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Community, Grand Rapids, Michigan, has an active and
involved membership of 1,700 families. We are called by Jesus Christ to use our God-given
gifts to serve the spiritual, educational, and physical needs of the people, dedicating
ourselves to live the Good News of Jesus Christ. We are a community of hope-filled
believers, grounded in the Catholic Traditions, striving to become more fully the Body of
Please send a letter of interest and resume to:
St. Anthony of Padua Parish
Attn: Fr. Mark Przybysz
2510 Richmond St NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.