Reporting Sexual Abuse of Minors

If you or someone you know are in danger of abuse, call 911.
Any person with reasonable cause to suspect the sexual abuse of a minor by a member of the clergy, or by any person acting in the name of the Catholic Church, is urged to file a complaint with the appropriate civil authority or the Michigan State Police at 616-866-6666.

If you are a survivor of sexual abuse, either as a child or an adult, by someone representing the Catholic Church, we urge you to contact the diocesan victim assistance coordinator, regardless of when the alleged abuse occurred. The victim assistance coordinator is available to help survivors make a formal complaint and obtain support:

To contact the victim assistance coordinator for the Diocese of Grand Rapids:
Call: 616-840-2079 or email:

or write to:
Diocese of Grand Rapids – Cathedral Square Center
Attn: Victim Assistance Coordinator
360 Division Ave. S.
Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Our diocese accepts and responds to all reports. Visit and click ‘Protecting God’s Children’ in the menu to find valuable information on the diocese’s safe environment programs.

Translate »