St. Anthony of Padua Childcare serves St. Anthony School families who need a fun, safe, structured environment for their children before school, during the school day, and/or after school.
We provide an atmosphere where children are encouraged to grow socially, creatively, emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, and physically. Activities include strategic card and board games, literature exposure, team challenges, outdoor games, arts and crafts, and free play.
Children who currently participate will be given first priority to participate in the upcoming school year. Being enrolled currently does not mean a family is automatically registered for Childcare. Registration must be received by the due date to ensure that there is an available spot in the program.
Please note the following requirements that are needed prior to a child attending Childcare:
- Registration is due each year by the end of April. Registration will only be accepted after this date if there are openings.
- Parents are required to schedule their child’s attendance two weeks in advance. St. Anthony of Padua Childcare is not licensed to be a drop-off center. If a two-week schedule is not turned in on time, the Childcare Center may refuse the child’s attendance or parents will be billed for full time. If parents need additional days beyond the scheduled time, they are asked to speak with the Childcare director. If there is space available, St. Anthony of Padua Childcare would be glad to accommodate the need.
- Parents are expected to pay two weeks in advance. Because each child’s space is being reserved, regardless of an absence, refunds or credits cannot be given.
- All children must be enrolled for a minimum of an hour per week to reserve. Childcare is available to all students enrolled at St. Anthony of Padua School.
- Parents will be charged a $10 late fee for payments not made by the due date.
- In addition to the regular hourly fee, parents will be charged an additional $10 per child for every 15 minutes (or fraction of) that their child remains at Childcare after 6:00 pm.
- Parents are expected to give a two-week written notice when withdrawing their child from the program.
- Children are supervised in the licensed childcare room at St. Anthony of Padua School. The preschool room, gym, computer lab, library, art room, and playground may also be utilized for childcare.
- Child care is open on days when school is in session, including half days of school. Childcare is not open on snow days or days when the school is unexpectedly closed. Where there is a two-hour delay for school, Childcare will open at 9:00 am.
During the School Year:
Monday – Friday: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
$5.00 per hour; $1.00 per hour for each quarter-hour after the first hour. One hour minimum charge per each day reserved.
Michelle Heitzman, Childcare Director
616-453-8229 ext. 313