The Support Services at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic School
St. Anthony of Padua recognizes that every child is an individual created in the image and likeness of God, with unique abilities, gifts, and talents. Therefore, our school offers a variety of opportunities for individualized support that help every student achieve his or her full potential.
If your child has academic needs that require our support services, please let a teacher know. Within the parameters of the resources available, they will differentiate instruction to meet needs and strengthen gifts.
Several of our on-site support services include:
- Our Dean of Students has a Master of Arts (MA) in Counseling Psychology and has training in treatment, diagnoses, and assessments. He is a full-time resource for students, parents, teachers, and administrators regarding academic, behavior, and social or emotional issues.
- Child study teams meet regularly for teacher consultation, classroom intervention, and student learning assessments.
- On-site tutoring is available individually or in groups, and older students mentor younger students through our “Super Friends” program.
- A full-time certified Special Education teacher helps students in need of remediation or enrichment. Additional Special Education services including testing, evaluation, speech, and occupational therapies, and teacher consultation are available on-site through Grand Rapids Public Schools.
- An Academic Support Specialist works one on one and in small groups with students who need additional support in reading and/or math.
- Title I after-school tutoring is available for students who qualify.